B. R. HARNE COLLEGE OF
ENGINEERING & TECHNOLOGY
( Approved by AICTE, Recognised by DTE, Government of Maharashtra
& Affiliated to University of Mumbai )
Civil engineering is one of the oldest of the engineering professions. Civil engineers are responsible for building good quality infrastructure/systems. A civil engineer is concerned with determining the right design for these structures and looking after the construction process so that the longevity of these structures is guaranteed after completion. These structures should also be satisfactory for the public in terms of comfort.
Civil engineers are also concerned with applications of various methods to purify the contaminated air, water and soil. Another very important aspect of civil engineering is disaster management. To minimize the loss of life during disaster such as earthquake/fire/tsunami etc. it is necessary to provide good control systems and install quick exit points in the buildings which is going to be designed.
As our course of civil engineering look towards the future - the world of ever-taller high rise skyscrapers and mega-cities, we need to upgrade our education from memory-based to skill- based level. To keep up with ever-increasing number of engineers, the quality of output must ensure safety as well as economy.
1) Strength of Material - Strength of Materials Laboratory offers facilities for testing building materials for their strength, behavior and suitability for various applications. The various equipments available in the lab are
- Universal testing machine 1000 ton
- Torsion testing machine
- Digital Compression testing machine
- Impact testing machine.
- Rockwell and Brinells Hardness testing machine.
2) Survey Store - Surveying labs provide students with hands-on experience to supplement instruction in surveying courses.
- Precision steel taping methods to perform horizontal measurements.
- Traditional transits and Digital Theodolites, Total station to get results quickly.
2) Engg Geology - Engineering Geology deals with the application of geologic sciences to engineering practice for the purpose of assuring that the geologic factors affecting the location, design, construction operation and maintenance of civil engineering structures. Engineering geologists investigate and provide recommendations on the character of the geology of the area for engineering analysis and design. The geology laboratory comprise of samples of minerals, stones and models of folds/faults, earthquake etc… A coarse work laboratory trains civil engineering students in identification procedures of minerals and stones and study of geological maps.
4) Concrete Technology - The Concrete Technology Lab is designed for testing concrete, sand, cement which are major construction materials. They are tested to check their strength, hardness, other physical and chemical properties.
5) Fluid mechanics and Hydraulics Laboratory - The lab is used to introduce the principles and basic laws of incompressible fluids flow, and the measurements of pressure, velocity, and flow rate, also, the friction in pipes and its advantages to flow and the forces resulting in the static fluids .
6) Geotechnical Engg Laboratory - Laboratory testing of soils and rocks is a fundamental element of geotechnical engineering.The complexity of testing required for a particular project may range from a Simple moisture content determination to sophisticated triaxial strength testing. A laboratory test program should be well-planned to optimize the test data for design and construction.
7) Transportation Engg - Transportation engineering is the application of technology and scientific principles to the planning, functional design, operation and management of facilities for any mode of transportation in order to provide for the safe, efficient, rapid, comfortable, convenient, economical, and environmentally compatible movement of people and goods .
8) Environmental Engg - Environmental Pollution is a burning global issue. Water pollution, air pollution, noise pollution, soil pollution etc., are to be understood by assessing the quality of pollutants. To inculcate the knowledge of qualitative analysis of pollutants, to the UG & PG students tests on the pollutants is essential. Environmental Engineering Laboratory is fully equipped with equipments for the qualitative analysis of water to evaluate the fitness as per BIS standards.
|Name||Qualification||Experience||Specialization / Interest|
|Rajesh Subhash Dubey||M.E.(Env. Engg)||20 Years|
|Krishna Annabhatt Joshi||M.E.(const. Mgmt)||6 Years|
|Somanagouda R. Takkalaki||M.Tech.(Structural Engineering)||4 Year|
|Mrs. Sheetal Sandeep Karale||M.E.(const. Mgmt)||7 Years|
|Mrs. Swati Bhangale||M.Tech.(Structural Engineering)||3 Years|
|Nitin Hindurao||M.E.(const. Mgmt)||2 Years|
|Mayur Suryavanshi||M.Tech.(Structural Engineering)||2 Years|
Top Civil Engineering Construction Companies In India :
List of the Top 10 Civil Engineering companies in India
1) Gammon India : Website www.gammonindia.com
Corporate Office - Mumbai, Maharashtra Establishment-1922.
One of the best civil engineering and construction company in India. Some of the toughest projects executed by company include Gateway of India and fast breeder reactor. The company's core competencies comprises of transmission lines, infrastructure management and power sector.
2) Larsen & Toubro Ltd. : Website www.larsentoubro.com
Corporate Office - Mumbai 400 001, India Establishment-1938.
Many of the country's prized landmarks – its exquisite buildings, tallest structures, largest airports/ industrial projects, longest flyovers, highest viaducts, longest pipelines including many other benchmark projects have been built by L&T Construction. L&T Construction's leading edge capabilities cover every discipline of construction: civil, mechanical, electrical and instrumentation engineering and services extend to all core sector industries and infrastructure projects.
3) Punj Lloyd Group : Website www.punjlloydgroup.com
Corporate Office - New Delhi - 110019 India Establishment-1988.
The Punj Lloyd Group is a diversified international conglomerate offering EPC services in Energy and Infrastructure along with engineering and manufacturing capabilities in the Defense sector.
4) Jaiprakash Associates Ltd : Website www.jalindia.com/civilengineering.htm,
Corporate Office - Uttar Pradesh India.
With a single minded focus Shri. Jaiprakash Gaur, Founder Chairman of Jaypee Group, after acquiring a Diploma in Civil Engineering in 1950 from the University of Roorkee now (IIT Roorkee), had a stint with Govt. of U.P. and with steadfast determination to contribute in nation building, branched off on his own, to start as a civil contractor in 1958,and laid the foundation of Jaypee Group.
5) Lanco Infratech Limited : Website www.lancogroup.com
Corporate Office - Establishment-1977.
As one of India's leading business entities, Lanco Infratech Limited has been driving growth in the domains of Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC), Power, Solar, Natural Resources and Infrastructure over the last two-and-a-half decades. Its continuous focus on innovation and expansion together with its commitment to quality and excellence has contributed significantly to the progress that the company has made over a short span of time.
6) Nagarjuna Construction Company : Website www.ncclimited.com
Corporate Office - Madhapur Hyderabad 500 081, AP INDIA
Buildings and Housing infrastructure is a major input to the economic development and sustained growth of an economy. A nation on the road to development requires to be fuelled appropriately by civil and industrial infrastructure, with products and services.
7) IVRCL Infrastructures & Projects Ltd. : Website www.ivrcl.com
Corporate Office - Hyderabad -500 034. Andhra Pradesh, India Establishment-1990.
Strongly entrenched with proven domain knowledge, experience and credentials, IVRCL operates in core infrastructure sectors like Water & Environment, Transportation, Buildings, Power.
8) Simplex Infrastructures Ltd : Website www.simplexinfrastructures.com
Corporate Office - Kolkata - 700 017 Establishment-1924 .
One of the pioneers and a total solution provider in construction and infrastructure ambit. Been in business since 1924 and present in almost all Indian States as well as Middle East. Employs 8110 people and has Capital Equipments of Rs.1296 Crores as of FY, 10.
9) GMR Group : Website www.gmrgroup.in
Corporate Office - Bangalore, Karnataka - Establishment-1978.
One of the fastest growing construction company in India having implemented many project successfully across India as well as abroad. They focus mainly on Highways , Airports, Urban Infrastructure sectors and Energy.
10) Hindustan Construction Company (HCC) : Website www.hccindia.com
Corporate Office - Mumbai Maharashtra Establishment-1926.
Hindustan Construction Company (HCC) is headquartered in Mumbai, India. HCC's businesses span the sectors of Engineering & Construction, Real Estate, Infrastructure, Urban development & Management. The HCC group of companies comprises HCC Ltd., and its subsidiaries HCC Real Estate Ltd, HCC Infrastructure Co. Ltd, Lavasa Corporation Ltd, Steiner AG in Switzerland and Highbar Technologies Ltd.
Some more famous civil engineering companies also offering good carrier opportunities for civil engineers listed below:
- Simplex Infrastructures
- TATA PROJECTS
- SOBHA DEVELOPERS
- B Seenaiah & Co
- DLF Laing O'Rourke
- Hindustan Motors Limited
- Jindal Steel
- Mahindra & Mahindra
- Martin Burn Ltd
- Sky Line Builders
- Toyo Engineering
- Tata Projects Ltd
- Tata Steel